Monte del Fra

Monte del Frà is located in the village of Custoza on the morainic hills of Lake Garda , nearby the city of Verona. The first records of date back to 1492 when the winery was owned by monks of the Santa Maria della Scala order in Verona. The current winery was established in 1958 by the Bonomo family and has over 140 hectares of vineyards. Its history is linked to the grand crus such as Cà del Magro, il vigneto Colombara, Grottino, Staffalo, Monte Godi, Monte Fitti, Mascarpine, Bagolina, Pezzarara and Monte del Frà.

By carefully selecting the land on which to plant vineyards and by meticulously implementing agronomic practices, Monte del Frà has become one of the most avant-garde wineries for the production of high quality grapes. The vineyards are planted in guyot in the areas of Cusotza, Bardolino and Lugana and with the classic “pergola” system in the Valpolicella Classica. These vines produce only 2-3 kg of grapes per plant and are the basis for the winery’s high quality standards.

No products found in this collection